By Jacob Castroll Insurance | Archives
, Health Insurance
| 22 December, 2016
You can relieve your seasonal allergies with these tried-and-true techniques, courtesy of the Mayo Clinic.
Avoid Allergy Triggers
As the seasons change, you may suffer from the thing you dread the most: seasonal allergies. They can be extremely inconvenient and even make functioning throughout the normal workday an impossibility. If you’re one the millions of people with seasonal allergies, you know it means sneezing, congestion, runny nose, itchy eyes, and other bothersome symptoms. But before you decide to enclose yourself in a bubble for all eternity, try these simple strategies to keep seasonal allergies under control.
When Pollen Counts Are High
- Remove clothes you’ve worn outside and shower to rinse the allergens from your skin and hair.
- Stay indoors when the days are dry and windy. The best time to go out is after a good rain, which helps clear pollen from the air.
- Don’t hang your laundry outside. With all that surface area, it can trap pollen like flies sticking to a cobweb.
How to Keep Your Indoor Air Clean
- Check the internet for pollen forecasts and current levels in your area before leaving your house.
- If a high pollen count is forecasted, start taking your allergy medications before your symptoms start.
- Avoid outdoor activity in the morning as this is when pollen count is highest.
- Close all doors and windows to keep the pollen out of your home.
Try These Medications
- Use the air conditioner in your house and car.
- Make sure that your filters are working at high-efficiency by following their regular maintenance schedules.
- Clean your floors regularly with a vacuum that has a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter.
- Nasal Spray – Cromolyn Sodium can ease allergy symptoms without serious side effects. It’s important that you apply before your symptoms start.
- Oral Antihisamines – These can help relieve the itching, sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, and itching.
A quality health insurance policy will help you in case a doctor’s visit is required. Contact Castroll Insurance for all of your insurance needs.