By Jacob Castroll Insurance | Archives
, Home Insurance
| 16 February, 2017
Studio City Home Fire Safety Tips
The winter temperatures may force you to turn on your heater or light your fireplace, but take these tips into consideration before you do. Even though the days are getting a little bit longer, the winter temperatures are still among us, overstaying their welcome. To disallow our homes to become the same temperatures as the chilly outside, many of us turn on our heater or light the fireplace in order to heat our space to comfortable levels. But raising the temperature of an entire room requires a lot of energy, and that same thing that provides you with comfort could also bring danger. Before you heat your home, take into consideration these home fire safety tips – and it might be time to reevaluate your Studio City home insurance needs!
Heating Home Safety Tips
- Make sure your kids and pets get no closer than three feet to the heat source, be it a space heater or fireplace.
- Keep anything that is flammable at the same distance of three feet from any heating equipment like the furnace, wood stove, or mobile heater.
- Have a professional run maintenance on your heater before you turn it on for the long-run. They should also look at water heaters and the central heating equipment.
- Before you light the fire and warm your house the traditional way, be sure the chimney is clear of debris in order to allow the smoke to rise and escape.
- Remember to turn off mobile heaters at night when you go to bed or when you leave the room.
- Ensure that the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks and charcoal from flying into the room and potentially landing on something flammable.
The best way that you can financially protect your home from fires and other covered structures is to purchase a quality homeowners insurance policy.
Make sure you are protected by purchasing quality homeowners insurance in Studio City, CA. Contact
Castroll Insurance for all of your insurance needs.